27- Montserrat Pray ..

Black Virgin of Montserrat

Going on the tour bus on the west side of Barcelona to Santa Maria de Montserrat Abbey, which is located in the Montserrat Mountain in Catalonia, Spain.
The Monastery was found in the 10th century and still functions to this day with over 150 monks.
Montserrat is located in the highest point of the Catalan lowlands, and to play an important role in the cultural and spiritual life of Catalonia.
The Virgin of Montserrat or "The Black Virgin" is Catalonia's favorite Saint. The Lady of Montserrat is a Marian title associated with a venerated statue of the Madonna and Child venerated at the Santa Maria de Montserrat Monastery in Catalonia.
After staying there about 3 hours, we returned to Julia Tours Office. Then the guide told me how to return back to Plaza de Espana where my hotel is.
So I decide to go back walking to the hotel as the road was straight ahead without any turns.
It took me about one hour and half because I was walking slowly and wondering in the streets seeing the old buildings and the trees all around the road that made the night time still shining with light in the Sky.  
Reaching the hotel, I decide to take a long shower then went to the Mediterranean Restaurant in the hotel, where I took my last dinner in Barcelona.
After that I went for a small walk around the hotel, then returned to my room where I prepared my baggage to be ready to leave Barcelona tomorrow.

- to be continued: Next Story "Goodbye Barcelona" -

Montserrat Monastery

View of Montserrat Mountain

Comments

Popular Posts