47- A Private Tour ..

Larnaca Salt Lake

After taking my breakfast on Sunday 25th of June 2017, I returned to my room and checked on my laptop the places I want to visit in Larnaca city. 
Then went to the hotel reception and asked them if I can get a taxi for a private tour, but the driver should know English, and how much it will cost me because he has to take me to all the places I want to visit and wait for me, then bring me back to the hotel. 
After half an hour the taxi was here and give him the schedule where I should go visiting Larnaca. 
My first stop was "Hala Sultan Tekke" or the Mosque of Umm Haram, it is on the west bank of Larnaca Salt Lake. Umm Haram was the wife of Ubada bin al-Samit, a companion of the Prophet. The building complex lies in a serene setting on the shores of the Larnaca Salt Lake, which appears to be an important site also in prehistory.
On the way to visiting another site, you can see the famous Salt Lake. It is a complex of four salt lakes of different sizes. Besides its picturesque beauty, it is one of the important migratory passages through Cyprus.
Then passing to visit the "Karames Aqueduct", known as the Bekir Pacha Aqueduct. It is located outside the city, near the old road of Limassol. It was constructed during the Ottoman period forming the noble design of bringing water from the river to supply the people of Larnaca.
Continue my visit to Europa square where you can see the fountain and the Museum of Paleontology, a former old English, and colonial customs warehouse. Also you can find not far away the "Armenian Genocide Statue" dedicated to the martyrs and survivors, located at Larnaca's seafront.
Then, took a little break before I continue my private tourism tour in Cyprus.

- to be continued: Next Story " Castle of Sea " -

Kamares Aqueduct, Larnaca
Hala Sultan Tekke, Larnaca

Comments

Popular Posts